Why Does the Price of Eggs Change So Often?

Why Does the Price of Eggs Change So Often?

by Jonson Kirk -
Number of replies: 0

I have been wondering about something that many people probably notice when buying eggs regularly.

Why does the price of eggs change so often even within the same market?

Sometimes the difference may seem small when buying a few eggs but it can become noticeable for families restaurants bakeries and other businesses that purchase eggs in larger quantities.

I think supply and demand are important factors but there may be other things involved too. Feed costs transportation seasonal demand poultry production and wholesale market conditions could all have an effect.

I am also curious about the difference between wholesale prices and the price consumers actually pay at local shops.

For people who buy eggs regularly what changes have you noticed in your local market?

Do prices usually change gradually or can they move quite quickly when supply or demand changes?